4.28.2008

Change upon change

We're finally in the house. It still seems unreal to me. Tom and I have been talking about how much change we've been in through the past weeks - the death of his father, the change in my job, a new interim pastor at church, the end of his job with the move, a new house, a new way of living... I think we are both just on auto pilot at the moment. When I do stop and soak in the emotion rolling inside, I'm struck by how they conflict with each other. Excitement contrasted with fear. Generosity pitted against the need to protect my stuff. A want to serve my house mates at a stand off with the urge to hide in my bedroom.

On a lighter note my cat Lottie, named after a great missionary, has done some exploring of her own. Tonight she managed to get locked in a cabinet, stuck in a reclining chair in Eric and Erin's bedroom, and corned under the boys' bunk bed. She seems excited at the prospect of hunting the Crisp's dog,Harley, and takes every chance to face him down. So far Harley has won each battle, but he better beware. Lottie is sly and fully clawed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoying the posts. Which missionary is your cat named after?