5.14.2008

Holding Breath


I catch myself waiting for things to be more difficult... kind of like "when will the honeymoon be over?" This week Cassie has been gone on a business trip and we've had a guest with us- a college student who needed a place to stay for a few days. Things are just going really well- from my perspective anyway.

I had opportunity to share our endeavor with a friend a few nights ago. She had not heard of our plans before, so I got to witness her first impressions. I'm not sure when I'll stop being surprised at the number of people who have either considered communal living or have talked about it with some close friends. Her reaction was one of interest and optimism. She immediately saw all of the advantages that we have expressed and asked many of the questions we were asking before we moved in. There are a lot more people out there who would consider sharing a home with another family than I'd ever imagined. Who knows, maybe in a few years mortgage brokers and Realtors will stop being shocked when people come to them and say, "We want to buy a house together... no we're not related." :)

2 comments:

graceisunfair said...

It's probably just because I'm a few years younger than you guys, but I failed to even realize that you had bought your house. My wife and I are looking to rent one here in Columbia (Missouri) with our friend Jazmine, which is a significantly less permanent step. I'm encouraged by your desire for community, and your willingness to trust God with it.

Cassie said...

Scott - we have some friends in Columbia who are trying living in community. JR Madill works at the Baptist Student Union on Mizzou Campus. If you are interested, I can give you his contact info.